Military Sweethearts
Welcome to Military Sweethearts also known as MSH! I am Amber your Admin/Creator here I created MSH almost a year ago to help Military Wives,Fiances && Girlfriends to have a place to go an vent,get support an advice as well as make new friends. Come on in an sit on down Read && Sign the Rules,Post an Intro so we know who you are an Jump in on posting :) Working with me to keep the forum going is Crys && Samantha they are Mods here an we are all here to help you. Looking forward to getting to know each an everyone of you.

<3 Amber

Come in, sit down, relax && talk with like minded Military Spouses, Girlfriends, Fiances && Family Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Make sure you tell your friends about us. :)
Welcome to Military Sweethearts. Come in, sit down,and put your feet up.
We have a facebook page. Search: Military Sweehearts
We also have a Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/militarsweethearts2010

Share | 

LADIES WITH PETS HELP

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ajsmom1234

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    2010-07-26, 11:33

Sorry it has been awhile! Love the new pic with the bone! We have been in Disney world all week with the kiddos! Lots of fun in the sun! Glad to be back! Good to see she is doing well!
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    2010-07-27, 21:20

Update on Bella..

She is doing better.. She is adjusting... We have learned a trick with her..
If we leave the stove light on at night like we normally do she gets into things and tears them up.
If we turn it off nothing is destroyed in the morning.. She is scared of the dark, so she doesnt move..

we have to keep an eye on her during the day because she will grab things and chew on them
But other than that during the day is lets you know when she needs to go potty.. Getting the kids to let her out is another story..
But we are working on that..

xoxo
Samantha
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    2010-07-27, 21:21

Update on Bella..

If we leave the stove light on at night like we normally do she gets into things and tears them up.
If we turn it off nothing is destroyed in the morning.. She is scared of the dark, so she doesnt move..

we have to keep an eye on her during the day because she will grab things and chew on them
But other than that during the day is lets you know when she needs to go potty.. Getting the kids to let her out is another story..

xoxo
Samantha
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    2010-07-27, 21:25

Update on Bella..

xoxo
Samantha
Back to top Go down
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    2010-07-28, 08:48

That's really good to hear that turning the light off helps her not eat things that don't belong to her. Just sucks that it works cause she's scared of the dark. She is still adjusting she will get use to everything soon. Just keep on top of her && get the kids to work with her as well.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    2010-07-28, 20:00

Yea that is what i said about the whole lights thing I cant believe she is scared of the dark, but at this moment what ever works for her..
I am hoping she adjusts soon

Back to top Go down
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    2010-07-29, 09:28

She should it really also goes back to the way she was treated before you guys got her. So it will take time. Just hang in there

Photobucket

Back to top Go down
Brenna
Getting to know MSH
Getting to know MSH

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    2010-07-29, 12:32

I raise Guide Dog Puppies for the Blind and they're usually labs, but I swear by crate training. Unfortunately it's harder when they're older because they don't really know how to act in it and it takes a while to adjust. I also don't really know what your house looks like, but I also swear by baby gates. Gate her off in the kitchen or in the laundry room or even the living room to confine her roaming space and she should do better that way =). Labs are great dogs when trained right because they learn really fast, but if you have a smart one, they get really bored fast (hence the chewing on everything.) The mammoth bone was a good idea, that should have kept her occupied for at least a bit. My lab is a year and a half old and she still likes to tear up cardboard and tissues if she can get a hold of it.

Peanut butter in Kongs are also great distractions for a little while. =)

If you're still wanting to crate train her, make it a positive experience. Start in small increments of time in there and give her the yummy bones or kong with peanut butter. But put her in there, wait until she stops barking and praise praise praise, then let her out. Move the "quiet" time to longer increments until she realizes that she should be quiet in there and then she'll be let out. If you're intent on training her, she should catch on fast =)

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    2010-07-29, 21:06

Breana,

Thank you for the advice.. I am at this moment willing to try anything.. Bella is a good dog but at this moment she is on my last nerve..
I have noticed that no matter how many times i put her out or walk her she still uses the bathroom in the house...
She is 7 months old. I am not sure if it is still early enough for Crate training or the potty pads.

We got her the mammoth bone and unfortunately right now she has decided she is not interested in it...
We have her a big rope she drag around more than anything..
The main thing we have learned with her is that she likes the garbage.. After we cook, she will get in the garbage as soon as no one is looking..
So we are working on that issue..

I am willing to try anything at this point,,

Amber,
She was doing so good.. Still not sure what the problem is with her adjusting..
She is a really good girl just got a few qirks to work out..
Back to top Go down
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    2010-07-30, 00:34

That is so awsome Brenna that you train seeing eye dogs or service dogs. I hope the information she has shared will help you out Samantha. Good luck with Bella Beast :))

Photobucket

Back to top Go down
Laurenbaker96

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    2010-07-30, 04:17

Have you try giving the dog a treat when she goes outside. also you might take the dog to the Vet and make sure it doesnt have a blater infection. I have a six month old dog also and she is have the same problems. she wont go to the bathroom in the house as much anymore but every once in awhile she slips up. but the biggest problem is chewing. for that I make sure I dont leave her in a room by herself for to long. a lot of people have told me it is something that they will just eventally grow out of. everytime you find the dog chewing on something just replace it with a toy they can chew on.
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    2010-07-30, 05:39

the vet has looked at her and said shes healthy.. Nothing wrong with her..
We give her treats still doesnt work as well..
We have replaced things she chews on with toys.. But the main thing is at night or right as the sun comes up she will find something to chew one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    

Back to top Go down

LADIES WITH PETS HELP
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2