Military Sweethearts
Welcome to Military Sweethearts also known as MSH! I am Amber your Admin/Creator here I created MSH almost a year ago to help Military Wives,Fiances && Girlfriends to have a place to go an vent,get support an advice as well as make new friends. Come on in an sit on down Read && Sign the Rules,Post an Intro so we know who you are an Jump in on posting :) Working with me to keep the forum going is Crys && Samantha they are Mods here an we are all here to help you. Looking forward to getting to know each an everyone of you.

<3 Amber

Come in, sit down, relax && talk with like minded Military Spouses, Girlfriends, Fiances && Family Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Make sure you tell your friends about us. :)
Welcome to Military Sweethearts. Come in, sit down,and put your feet up.
We have a facebook page. Search: Military Sweehearts
We also have a Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/militarsweethearts2010

Share | 

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO fellow Ladies =D

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cbearrepolargb1

PostSubject: HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO fellow Ladies =D   2011-01-11, 12:25

Who am I….I’m pretty sure that’s the ultimate question. I am a multiple-layer individual, with more corners in my mind than most care to explore–EVER. The easiest way to explain: There’s 27 of us living in here. Just don’ t mess with Shirley, she’s a B*!&#! Seriously!…

My Soldier is stationed at Fort Campbell, KY. I am becoming an even bigger fan of history and the political process than I EVER was! I am a ‘professional volunteer’…my husband’s term for me not working for an income, yet having deadlines to meet and meetings to attend.

The hubster came into the military after graduating from college with 2 degrees and no job prospects. Coming into the Army was never planned. We needed money and health insurance....groceries and a roof over our heads. What was supposed to originally be 'ok...three years won't be all so bad' has turned into 'retirement or bust'. We both love the culture and traditions the military offers. Neither one of us cares for the deployments.

I am originally from a little town about 15 minutes north of Green Bay , WI called Pulaski. Yes, mostly Polish…no I am not…and I don’t like Polish sausage and kraut or polka music—sorry folks. But I am a HUGE Packers fan, even when they are losing (I can scream myself horse watching a game!) UNLESS I am in Wisconsin…my mom and sister live 3 miles from Lambeau Field and the traffic is HORRID. Yes I like cheese…and Seroogy’s chocolate and Chili John’s Chili…it sounds stereotypical, but it’s true. Oh well!

I am a singer by trade. I love all types of music except hip hop, with extensive studies and appreciation for vocal jazz and big band / swing. My original goal in life was to be a choral instructor, but I hate going to school so you can guess how well THAT worked out! LOL

IF I am not working with and/or promoting Army Family programs (very seldom), I enjoy “home activities” (baking, cooking and hand crafts) and entertaining (cocktail parties, buffets, coffees).

For me, working with Family programs is essential. The Army takes care of it's own ... when it's own take care of the Army. What started as an FRG Leader position last deployment, has turned into an NEED to give back constantly. If there's a class, I'll take it. A meeting, I'll be there. A group, I'll probably be involved. A lot of it isn't' just for me. I truly believe that every new-to-the-Army-Wife and every new-to-Fort-Campbell-Wife deserves a mentor. I was both, once. I don't know what I would have done without Monica and Jenn (I still call them both sometimes with off the wall questions) and their wisdom! It's only right that we help each other out...after all, we're all in this together. So even though I am no longer a current FRG leader, I still go to the classes (again!), attend the meetings, read the articles and bookmark the websites. Two way communication and distrobution of information that allows Soldiers and Families to solve problems at the lowest level...I believe in it because I KNOW it works!

Some of my best friends in the Army have been met working volunteer positions...or people down the street! I love my Army Wife friends! And while I KNOW we need support systems and Family programs, I also believe that we need social groups. This is why I am also an active member of the Enlisted Spouses Club here at Campbell AND the Enlisted Spouse Community. It's also one of the reasons I wanted to join THIS forum. Having down time with the people who understand your situation (and you don't have to translate military-ease for) makes live a little easier! AND being involved in ESC here on post has given my the opportunity to continue networking and to learn about the Army's approach to Private Organizations within the community.

I was also an active member of the now-closed Leader 2 Leader forums. While we lost our Army funding, I am ready and pushing to open a private website and forum for Army Spouse Leaders to continue developing and growing and learning in conversation from each other. L2L, and the WONDERIFEROUS Ladies I met there (some of which were from, at , or soon to be at Campbell...after all, the Army's fluid like that!), reinforced in me the belief that many of us WANT to make a difference in the Army Family communities...we just need support and networking with others in the same boat, and a place to learn and build on it and C.A.S.E. from each other. ...maybe in 2011... (Dana, you are my inspiration on the site project...and my guru!)

What else? Hmmm...

I have a weak spot in my wallet for antique shops and thrift stores. I will hunt a bargin or deal into the wee hours of the night.

I have found the solution to deployment insomnia...pick up a copy of an Army Regulation! Trust me, you'll be asleep within 10 pages! They are DRY! but interesting. A lot of stuff applies to Spouses and Families, too...and it's funny to see what is supposed to happen but doesn't. Yes, I've read a bunch. Yes, I have copies filed in binders -highlighted and tabbed for reference. Yes, I'm just weird that way.

I am beginning to believe that the world puts up extra red lights JUST FOR ME…lol. I am prepetually late (fashionably, of course), usually because I am dealing with that last minute phone call or email as I walk out the door. I need to quit checking my email…lol.

I am, however, learning -be it ever so slowly- to live in simple abundance, believe, peace, joy and grace. And I am learning not to sweat the small stuff…although some days it’s still difficult to determine what is the small stuff.

Quotes I Love: (This list is ever growing!)

“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.” -Eleanor Roosevelt

“Success is largely a matter of stumbling forward. We fail forward to success. It’s a case of falling forward and getting up whenever you fall down and beginning again. Failure is an inevitable and necessary and a useful part of being successful. Actually we learn more from failing than from succeeding because failure impresses us with what we did not do, and it impresses us more memorably than succeeding.”-Mary Kay Ash

“People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.”- Norman Vincent Peale

“There is no greater obstacle in the way of success in life than trusting for something to turn up instead of going to work and turning up something.”- Mary Kay Ash
Back to top Go down
Crys

PostSubject: Re: HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO fellow Ladies =D   2011-01-11, 13:46

Wow!! You are such a busy woman. I admire someone who can give so much back to the army and us Army Wives and Military Wives, Girlfriends, and Fiances alike. You are a great inspiration for alot! :D
welcome
Welcome to MSH. My name is Crystal but I go by Crys and I'm one of your mods here. I'm 25 y-o mother of 3 kids {Rebecca (6), Cameron (4 1/2), and Rose (4)}, married to my amazing husband and best friend, Matthew. We have been together since 9.12.07 and married since 4.28.10. He is in the Army National Guard. We are stationed near Luke AFB for now. :D We are hoping to go back to AD soon. :D Thanks for joining and I hope you like it here. If you have any questions please msg me. :D

Back to top Go down
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO fellow Ladies =D   2011-01-12, 07:17

Welcome to MSH I am Amber the lady behind MSH I am the Admin/Creator here. I am 24 years young && married to My Soldier who has been in the National Guard almost 11 years but we are currently in the transition of Anthony going to Active Duty. We have no children right now but we are TTC an we have a fur baby who is a BIG BRAT she is a pitbull an will be 5 next month. We reside in the lovely sunshine state for now til the ARMY orders us to move somewhere else. I look forward to getting to know you better an I hope you enjoy your time here at MSH :) Happy Posting

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO fellow Ladies =D   2011-01-14, 04:25

welcome

I am Samantha, one of the Mods here. Married to Rick for 13 years. I am a mom of 3.
Rick is currently a Drill Sergeant and we are stationed at Sill.. We have been in for over 10 years now.
I am a home school mom to my oldest and a student as well
If you have questions just ask

Samantha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO fellow Ladies =D   

Back to top Go down

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO fellow Ladies =D
Page 1 of 1