Military Sweethearts
Welcome to Military Sweethearts also known as MSH! I am Amber your Admin/Creator here I created MSH almost a year ago to help Military Wives,Fiances && Girlfriends to have a place to go an vent,get support an advice as well as make new friends. Come on in an sit on down Read && Sign the Rules,Post an Intro so we know who you are an Jump in on posting :) Working with me to keep the forum going is Crys && Samantha they are Mods here an we are all here to help you. Looking forward to getting to know each an everyone of you.

<3 Amber
Military Sweethearts
Welcome to Military Sweethearts also known as MSH! I am Amber your Admin/Creator here I created MSH almost a year ago to help Military Wives,Fiances && Girlfriends to have a place to go an vent,get support an advice as well as make new friends. Come on in an sit on down Read && Sign the Rules,Post an Intro so we know who you are an Jump in on posting :) Working with me to keep the forum going is Crys && Samantha they are Mods here an we are all here to help you. Looking forward to getting to know each an everyone of you.

<3 Amber
Military Sweethearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come in, sit down, relax && talk with like minded Military Spouses, Girlfriends, Fiances && Family Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Make sure you tell your friends about us. :)
Welcome to Military Sweethearts. Come in, sit down,and put your feet up.
We have a facebook page. Search: Military Sweehearts
We also have a Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/militarsweethearts2010

Boy Scouts Honor Vets On Flag Day!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin
Camoprincess1986

Boy Scouts Honor Vets On Flag Day! Empty
PostSubject: Boy Scouts Honor Vets On Flag Day!   Boy Scouts Honor Vets On Flag Day! Empty2010-06-15, 05:20

Boy Scouts honor vets
Updated: Monday, 31 May 2010, 7:22 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 31 May 2010, 7:22 PM EDT

TAMPA - It's a scene repeated across America to this day: Boy Scouts, before the heat of the day, honoring the fallen with the stars and stripes they died defending.

As the 11 a.m. service looms later, flags fly along Kennedy Boulevard, horn honking fills the humid air, and folks salute as they drive past an American Legion Post and Cemetery named for a Coast Guard Cutter, the Tampa, lost in World War One, September 26, 1918 in the Bristol Channel.

One hundred thirty three died. This year marks the 88th they've remembered the War Dead here.
Tampa's Commander Bill Hamblin, a co-founder of the Bayshore Patriots, has lead the Post to new prosperity.

"When you look at the wall in our hallway there, the past Commanders, it starts in 1919, we were one of the first posts ever and its still going strong today," he says.

The wall is a who's who of Tampa veterans who survived wars to became leaders with names like Lowry, Culbreath, Macfarlane and many more. Hamblin made sure his guest speaker this Memorial Day, Major General Steve Hashem from the U.S. Central Command, got to see that wall.

Outside in the now searing heat people young and old came from far and wide, drawn to the shade and the Patriotism under the oaks on the edge of the neatly scrubbed stones and the flags the scouts had planted by each.

It was a long, long way from Carl Bradfields' return from Viet Nam.

"We were treated like dirt," he recalled. "And I don't mind saying that."

With a large ground of Coalition Troops from MacDill looking on in their uniforms from all over the world, General Hashem read the names of the Tampa service members who've lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"In fields, skies and seas around the world." he said, "American military personnel have stood tall to oppose the enemies of freedom. Many of these servicemen and women gave their lives to defend our liberty and uphold the promise of our democracy."

Wreaths were placed, and a German Navy Petty Officer bugled his country's salute to the fallen, "I had a Comrade."

After a gun salute from Hillsborough High's ROTC, the Scouts, the future Soldiers, raised the Flag back up the pole on Kennedy, for another year.

Back to top Go down

Boy Scouts Honor Vets On Flag Day!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Military Sweethearts :: In the Know :: The Lounge-
Jump to: