Military Sweethearts
Welcome to Military Sweethearts also known as MSH! I am Amber your Admin/Creator here I created MSH almost a year ago to help Military Wives,Fiances && Girlfriends to have a place to go an vent,get support an advice as well as make new friends. Come on in an sit on down Read && Sign the Rules,Post an Intro so we know who you are an Jump in on posting :) Working with me to keep the forum going is Crys && Samantha they are Mods here an we are all here to help you. Looking forward to getting to know each an everyone of you.

<3 Amber
Military Sweethearts
Welcome to Military Sweethearts also known as MSH! I am Amber your Admin/Creator here I created MSH almost a year ago to help Military Wives,Fiances && Girlfriends to have a place to go an vent,get support an advice as well as make new friends. Come on in an sit on down Read && Sign the Rules,Post an Intro so we know who you are an Jump in on posting :) Working with me to keep the forum going is Crys && Samantha they are Mods here an we are all here to help you. Looking forward to getting to know each an everyone of you.

<3 Amber
Military Sweethearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come in, sit down, relax && talk with like minded Military Spouses, Girlfriends, Fiances && Family Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Make sure you tell your friends about us. :)
Welcome to Military Sweethearts. Come in, sit down,and put your feet up.
We have a facebook page. Search: Military Sweehearts
We also have a Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/militarsweethearts2010

LADIES WITH PETS HELP

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ArmywifeNMom97
ArmywifeNMom97

LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty
PostSubject: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-12, 09:36

Hey Ladies,
I need help.. We recently got a 6 month old black lab. She is a sweet dog but the problem I run into is that
she chews on everything and even after we buy her chew toys she still chews on things..
Also she has went to the bathroom a few times in the house. Its only on the tile but still its the fact that she shouldnt.
We let her out several times a day.. WE walk her and still uses the bathroom in the house..
We rub her nose in it and tell her NO but she still does it..
Does anyone know any suggestions or ideas on how to stop this

thanks ladies

Samantha
Back to top Go down
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin
Camoprincess1986

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-12, 10:17

Okay from my experience with puppies they have to go out way more then an adult dog cause their bladders are smaller. You can look at pet stores && see what they have I know down here they has something that you spray on the puppy potty pads to help paper && crate train them. Also they have sprays you can use that have a bitter taste && what not to spray on the items you don't want them to chew on. I know about chewing but my Pit was chewing through steel tie out cables with the thick red plastic covering on them,chicken wire && her bowls that was all when she was a puppy! Then she went 2 years with out chewing up anything but once she was close to hitting 4 years old holy wow puppy stage all over again with the chewing she chewed a few power cords && when I went to Groton with a friend in February when I came home she ate 2 of my bags that I used to pack!! It was also around the sametime that my husband had to leave to go back out to New Mexico so she was showing her anger in eatting the things we needed to pack with inorder to try && keep us home. When walking your puppy try && walk her at least 15-20 minutes each bathroom break I know that can be very time consuming but in due time it will pay off. My pooch was pretty much born potty trained. Also try to get in the habit of when you take her out to go potty that you make sure to tell we are going out to go potty or ask her if she has to go then show her what door you prefer taking out to go potty through in time she will get the hang of it. Hang in there Samantha
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-12, 11:11

I know we take her out several times a day.. I mean almost all day the kids have her out side..
She will go to the back door and sit. I am not sure if its the fact that no one pays attention to her or what.
She doesnt bark when she goes to the door. She just lays down.. I know that she refuses to go out in the
rain and when its dark so its One of those things too.. I have even thought about going as far as taking her food and
water up at night...

XOXO
Samantha
Back to top Go down
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin
Camoprincess1986

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-12, 11:36

Oh WOW so she is outside most of the day && still goes potty inside 😢 Maybe taking up her food && water at night will help with this problem. See when my pit has to go outside she doesn't bark or go to the door she will jump on you && bug the hell out of you til you get up to let her out. I hope you can get this problem taken care of.
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-13, 17:34

No accidents inside this morning but my husband woke up to find a mess this morning..
Garbage all over the place, his laptop cord chewed to pieces and oh lets say hes not hapoy.
So we have to replace that.. I am hoping the puppy chewing stages ends soon..
I am beginning to think she is more hassle than she is worth right now..
100.00 down the drain on payday..

UGH
Back to top Go down
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin
Camoprincess1986

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-14, 08:32

Check amazon.com for the charger to replace the one the dog ate. They have cheap chargers that work just teh same as the $100 ones you would buy from the manufacture or from Wal*Mart. Just like with kids you have to keep things you don't want eatten out of the puppy's reach. When it comes to the garbage I really don't have any clue what to tell you on there my Pit doesn't really get in the garbage. Do you have a kennal? If so I would suggest when she is bad put her in there for a certain amount of time && maybe have her sleep in the kennal at night til she learns that she can't destroy stuff. Good Luck hunnie
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-14, 21:06

We took her water up and no accidents.. she didnt chew anything either.
i am going to look for the charger on amazon. Hopefully i can find one..

Back to top Go down
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin
Camoprincess1986

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-14, 22:18

[/center]That is wonderful that she didn't have an accident or chew anything. Let's just hope she's learning what she can && can't do.[center] happy
Back to top Go down
ajsmom1234
ajsmom1234

PostSubject: Chewing   LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-14, 23:25

Hey! Ew to chewing! I have had a lot of experiance with Labs. They are diggers and chewers. In fact I have seen that they tend to take awhile to grow out of that stage. I found that Kong toys helped with our labs. I know this was mentioned before but we have crate trained all of ours and have been very lucky to only have a few accidents. When they are outside all the time they do not see the difference between outside and inside. They get excited and may have an accident. I hope everything works out....they are wonderful dogs just need some extra love and care. By the way where is your hubby a DS at? My hubby was a DS at Fort Jackson when we first dating. Long hours...boooo! Good luck!

Mandi
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-15, 03:01

Mandi,

MY hubby is a DS @ Ft sill, in OK. I dont mind it. The wives are a great bunch of ladies.
Yes, we have the long hours but its okay.. I dont mind them.. He is off on Sundays.

AS far as Bella. I am hoping she out grows the chewing quickly.
She hasnt really dug anything yet..
I am so glad for that.. We have her plenty of chew toys.
She has chewed thru 2 leashes and now we have to get her another.
She chews anything she can get in her mouth. When we got her we were told she
ONLY chewed on flip flops. So i thought no big deal but i was wrong on that one.
she has chewed My littles ones flip flips. Luckily she had 2 pairs

Hoping to get her out of the stage. .
If she is but in her crate she barks all the time.
IF she is outside at night she barks consistently.
I think she is scared of the dark.
Back to top Go down
ajsmom1234
ajsmom1234

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-15, 09:04

I am so sorry! That sounds like you are dealing with a toddler! LOL I am so glad we are not on DS duty any longer....

Well I hope that the doggie gets the act together. Sometimes they just want to act like teenagers! HAHA! We have never been to Fort Sill...We have been to Scholfield in hawaii, Fort Campbell, Fort jackson and now fort bragg.....I have hear that Fort Sill is nice though. I am glad you have a great bunch of ladies around you...that can be hard at times to find nice drama free! Good luck with Bella would love to hear updates!
Back to top Go down
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin
Camoprincess1986

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-15, 09:19

I am not sure where you would find them over your way or the name of the people who make them but they have collars that are suppose to be so durable that the dog can't chew through it && if they do you take it back to the pet store you got it at an they have to replace it for FREE!! I have had plenty experience with this...I didn't really mention it since it was all DD's stuff she destroyed like her steal tie out cables that were incased in thick plastic && she has destroyed several of the non chewable collars. Good luck I am sure she will out grow it soon. Just get her rawhide bones && tons of chew toys. When you put her in her kennal if she barks or whines ignore her she will eventually see it your way. Keep us updated hunnie && hang in there.
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-15, 10:24

Mandi..

I know what you mean.. Bella acts worse than my 5 year old sometimes
I tell you i have a 12 year old, 9 year old and 5 year old and the dog is far worse sometimes..
Who knows..

I dont mind the drill duty.. He is with the WTC unit for the moment. they are talking about going to BCT who knows..
The ladies are wonderful.. Even when they pulled some of our DS and moved them to another area, the wives still are close and we invite them to all the events..
Its amazing..

Amber..

We just went to the store. We have her a harnes and a leash right now to help with walking her.
I put her food up and hope that she doesnt figure out how to get it down..
i guess we see in the morning..

Back to top Go down
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin
Camoprincess1986

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-15, 10:29

That is good to hear that you got NEW stuff for Bella hopefully she doesn't find it as a snack. I am going to get my pup a harness it will probably work alot better with walking with her. If you put Bella's food up make sure its where she can't jump && pull it down maybe put it in a cabinet or something
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-15, 21:07

Amber,

No accidents last night or nothing tore up.
That is a plus.. I left her food down last night because i forgot to pull it up
But no accidents. she even went out side this morning when she was told to..
Now to get her to get along with the cats life would be easier..

The kids are taking her for a walk here shortly.
Hopefully they are able to handle her a bit more with the harnes.
Fingers crossed anyway..

Back to top Go down
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin
Camoprincess1986

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-16, 01:17

cheerleader Go Bella Go!! cheerleader That is really good that nothing was chewed && no accidents!!! Maybe she is learning. I wonder if the people you got her from ever worked with her on those things? I am just glad that she is finally doing better
Back to top Go down
ajsmom1234
ajsmom1234

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-16, 01:47

WOOHOO! This sounds like progress! Every little step sounds great!!!
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-16, 03:10

The ones we got her from never were home and had time for her. that is why they got rid of her..
We correct her when she does wrong so i think that she is learning..
She knows her name and comes when you call her now. Definitely a step from when we first got her.

I am hoping that we have gotten her or getting her out of the chewing and inside potty
But i think that will take a bit. She is 7 months old on the 20th so..
Next step Bella and the cats getting along lol

I figured I would share a pic too..

click the image to enlarge.
LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Th_Bella
Back to top Go down
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin
Camoprincess1986

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-16, 03:48

She is too cute!!! That could very well be why she acts out because they didn't have much to do with her. Atleast she now has a family who wants her && can give her the love an attention she needs
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-16, 05:16

definately.
The kids love her.. She is a mess when they play with her.. i will have to get pics..
when they play together
Back to top Go down
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin
Camoprincess1986

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-16, 06:20

That is good though that she found the right owners for her or should I say the right people for her to own lol!
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-16, 08:24

lol! i know what you mean.. She owns us definately.. Especially the girls..
she is such a laugh when she plays with my youngest.. lol!

Though silly girl gave me a scare earlier.. Drank a little of my mop water but she is okay..
Back to top Go down
Camoprincess1986
Admin
Admin
Camoprincess1986

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-16, 11:03

Yummy mop water..I am glad to hear she is okay though. We use the Swifer so no worry about DD drinking the mop water
Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-16, 20:28

i used to use that but i didnt like it,.. plus my floor has the grooves in it and its hard to use one of those in it..
SO i have to use a regular mop..

Back to top Go down
ArmywifeNMom97
ArmywifeNMom97

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty2010-07-17, 01:19

No Accidents or nothing chewed this morning.. We went out and got her a mammoth bone and a new chew toy.
She is going to town on those.. She loves the bone. Hopefully this will keep her busy..

Here is a pic of her and her bone

LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Bella_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LADIES WITH PETS HELP    LADIES WITH PETS HELP  Empty

Back to top Go down

LADIES WITH PETS HELP
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next